To assist you in your journey, Westman Associates offer you the following resources. Please contact us soon to discuss your personal business goals.
Board and CEO Roles for Achieving Association Goals David A. Westman, CPA, MBA, CAE
Board and CEO Roles for Achieving Association Goals, published in 2016, is a comprehensive how-to manual for leadership in the association world. It includes the unique perspective of Mr. Westman, who has significant experience both in the trenches as an association CEO and the broader view that comes from him serving as an external consultant to scores of associations. It also includes perspectives from many well-respected association CEOs and key service providers that target associations as clients.
Association leaders need:
- Awareness of what it means to be an association leader, including fiduciary roles they may not realize they have.
- An understanding of the challenges they will face in undertaking their governance roles.
- Nitty-gritty how-to recommendations, including tools and templates, to help them perform well and keep their focus on serving members.
- Guidance on how to partner with the CEO and other staff in building the best association possible.
A Taste of Our Webinars
Mr. Westman is in the process of developing and recording a series of archived webinars targeted at board members and other association leaders addressing fiduciary roles and other topics of interest.
Click on the links below to preview portions of two presentations. Contact Westman & Associates for pricing relative to the full versions of these and other presentations.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Mr. Westman has developed and delivered presentations addressing a wide range of governance enhancement and operational improvement topics. Click on this link to see an inventory of Mr. Westman’s presentations which can be delivered to your association leaders.
Following are example PowerPoint presentations available for download:
Click on the links below for full-text articles addressing various governance and performance improvement topics.
- 5 Ways an External Interim CEO Can Improve Leadership Transitions – Published in Associations Now Plus
- A Story About Steps — Published in Workspan
- Board Governance: The Effect on Business-Development Strategies – Published in Commercial Lending Review
- Charming the Worker Bees — Published in Engineers Digest Magazine
- Creating Win-Win Strategic Partnerships – Published in Board Forward
- Decision to Build or Lease – Published in FORUM Magazine
- Designing a Systems Approach to Performance Management — Published in CUPA Journal
- Grooming an Internal Candidate to Become the Next CEO — Published by American Society for Association Executives in November, 2017
- Innovative Employee Compensation Methods to Motivate Employees — Published in The Quality Observer
- Legally Speaking_Best Practices for Using Your Legal Counsel — Published in May edition of FORUM Magazine
- Looking Down & Staring Down — Published in FORUM Magazine
- Onboarding An Investment in Your Team
- Performance Management in the Board Room — Published in Western Banking
- Playing Hardball with the Big Boys — Published in Workspan
- Rx for Improving Patient Satisfaction — Published in MGM Journal
- Seven Steps to Successful Performance Management — Published in ACA News
- The Dynamic Duo for Human Resources Management – Published in FORUM Magazine
- Using a Balanced Scorecard to Manage Risk — Published in FORUM Magazine
- Using Gainsharing to Motivate Generation X — Published in ACA News
- Understanding Current and Best Practices in Association Governance – Published in FORUM Magazine
Following are a few practice tools that you might find useful in working with your board: